Rosacea: treatment, reviews. Facial Rosacea: Laser Treatment
Rosacea has a captivatingly beautiful name that evokes the most romantic associations and caresses the ears. But, unfortunately, the disease has nothing to do with roses. Patients become owners of bright crimson cheeks and a nose. And this is not about a healthy blush, but about the red, vividly indicating violations of the blood vessels. However, the greatest difficulties arise when you want to cope on your own with such a disease as rosacea. Treatment, agreed with the doctor, on the contrary, gives excellent results.
What is a disease?
The insidiousness of the disease lies in the fact that it occurs imperceptibly. Initially, there is a kind of rebellion of blood vessels. They actively react to any, even the most insignificant stimuli. For example, hot tea, a spicy dish or a visit to the bath are reflected in a crimson hue on the face.
But if at the initial stage the redness quickly passes, then with the further progression of the disease the color lasts much longer. Understanding that the reaction of the body is inadequate, patients go to the doctor. But, unfortunately, quite often patients consider the diagnosis of rosacea a misunderstanding. Treatment does not begin on time. And the disease continues to progress.
Now the face is rarely of natural color. And in some areas of the skin appear rosacea. The disease is also characterized by the appearance of blue veins (dilated vessels) of rosacea on the face. Treatment in this case must begin immediately.
Causes of "blush"
The crimson hue of the skin indicates the expansion of blood vessels. If we are talking about the aforementioned ailment, then these manifestations do not pass. That is, the vessels do not taper in time. According to scientists, the main cause of the problem is the malfunctioning of the trigeminal nerve. In this regard, the vessels behave inadequately.
But why does this kind of problem arise? The answer to this question to this day has not been found. But there are certain factors that can trigger the development of such a disease as rosacea. Treatment usually depends on the root cause of the problem.
So, the main factors:
- Smoked, hot, spicy food. Basically, this disease provokes Georgian, Indian, Chinese cuisine.
- Abuse of caffeinated beverages: strong tea, cola, coffee.
- Long exposure to ultraviolet radiation. In this case, the provocateur disease can be a tanning bed, and the sun.
- Stress - one of the possible sources of rosacea.
- Some contraceptive hormones.
- Frequently located in unventilated hot rooms. Or the opposite extreme - in a hard frost.
- Corticosteroid ointments not intended for the face. In this case, a steroid rosacea appears.
Treatment should begin with a thorough examination. Doctors associate the occurrence of the disease with nervous disorders and, as a result, with the functioning of the immune system. There is a relationship with endocrine, vascular, gastrointestinal ailments.
Symptoms of the disease
The main symptoms of a pink rash include:
- Large areas of skin become red.
- Small rashes on the face. They begin with small tubercles. With the progression of the disease take the form of pustules. It can be acne or acne.
- Seal the skin in the area of redness. This symptom indicates the last stages of the disease.
- Strong seal skin on the nose. Such a defect is more characteristic of men.
- Teleangiectasia. This is a manifestation of the vascular network on the skin surface.
- Unpleasant sensations in the eyes. Redness of the eyelids may be accompanied by dry and sharp cutting. Sometimes there are lacrimal discharge.
- There is a feeling of tight skin.
It should be noted that the above symptoms can not appear simultaneously. As a rule, initially there is a reddening that resembles dermatitis or allergies.
Do not think that the disease will disappear on their own. In some cases, when this happens, the consequences are unpleasant. Rosacea on the face, whose treatment is ignored, leaves behind a vascular grid, a red nose, bumps, swollen skin.
How to deal with the disease?
Rosacea treatment regimen includes a range of different activities. In the course are medical methods, surgical therapy. And this is not a complete list of ways to fight. Non-drug methods are connected to them.
Rosacea laser treatment gives good results.It is this device that eliminates the red spots on the face formed by the choroid plexuses. These manifestations, caused by rush of blood and accompanied by fever, can be eliminated with a diet and proper skin care. The main thing - to prevent the progression of the disease.
Non-drug methods include diet therapy and appropriate cosmetic care. They are considered very effective ways to fight. But in practice, they are difficult to implement. Most patients find it difficult to follow all the recommendations for a disease such as rosacea. Effective treatment is possible only with complete cessation of smoking and drinking alcohol. There is a need to eliminate spicy, spicy dishes, caffeinated beverages from your diet. Should forget about hot food.
There is no uniform method of dealing with this ailment. And this is not surprising if you take into account the many causes of rosacea. Drugs for treatment are prescribed individually. Together with them are selected and effective methods to control the course of the disease.The combination of these methods of struggle does not allow the disease to progress and helps to avoid deterioration.
The main stages include the following:
- Tablets (Metronidazole, Tiberal) can be prescribed for oral administration. Sometimes they make gruel for application to damaged areas.
- With characteristic manifestations of rosacea (vascular network), the drug Ascorutin is recommended. This medicine reduces the fragility of blood vessels.
- Cream, which include metronidazole. They effectively help in the fight against illness. These include Metrogil, Rosamet, and Rosex.
- Diet. As noted above, this is an important factor influencing the positive outcome of treatment. An experienced doctor will recommend to use those products that do not contribute to the occurrence of allergies.
- Patients who experience stress provoking rosacea are prescribed sedatives.
- Often anti-allergic drugs are included in the treatment complex. As a rule, this means "Zyrtec", "Tavegil."
- For dry and irritated coats, a dermatologist will recommend the use of a moisturizer.
- It is mandatory to take scrapings from the surface of the skin in order to exclude such a source of illness as the demodex mite.
It should be remembered that all doctor's prescriptions must be strictly observed, and always in the complex. It is forbidden to replace the recommended preparations and creams with others. After all, products that include alcohol, acetone, hormonal supplements, honey, can lead to the opposite result - provoke progression of rosacea on the face. Treatment, reviews vividly testify to this, in this case it becomes quite difficult. Unpleasant symptoms begin to torment patients day and night.
Rosacea Laser Treatment
The disease is accompanied by unpleasant defects - vascular net, asterisks, red spots. These manifestations occur almost always when it comes to face rosacea. Laser treatment allows you to get rid of the visible effects of the disease. The procedure is as follows: the beam detects the accumulation of red blood cells and glues the walls of the affected vessels. Such exposure allows the latter to become less visible.
Patients who are assigned to this method should tune in to a long course of therapy. Only then can rosacea be treated successfully with a laser.Patient reviews clearly indicate that over time, the method gives excellent results. According to the patients, tune in to instant relief is not worth it. The procedure should be repeated several times. As a rule, the course is prescribed by a doctor. Patients report discomfort during the procedure, but they summarize that it is quite possible to endure. Sometimes the irritation caused by a laser lasts for about a week. But after a certain time, the skin gets a neater appearance, the vessels are “hidden”, the mesh becomes almost invisible.
Contraindications to laser therapy
Unfortunately, the procedure described above for a certain category of patients is prohibited. It is not recommended for pregnant women and nursing mothers. It is contraindicated in the presence of the following:
- poor blood clotting;
- acute infections;
- various inflammations, tumors or skin lesions in the problem area;
- chronic diseases in the acute phase;
- risk of colloidal scars;
- bronchial asthma;
- mental disorders.
If a laser treatment is prescribed by a doctor, then such contraindications will necessarily be taken into account. This again emphasizes the need to strictly follow the recommendations of a specialist.
Treatment with the help of folk methods
In the fight against the disease can use various means. The main thing - do not forget to consult a doctor. After all, even the usual daisy can be the strongest allergen and provoke the progression of rosacea.
Treatment of folk remedies allows you to get rid of acne and redness of the skin. For such purposes, various masks, lotions that have anti-inflammatory and disinfectant properties are used. As a rule, the medicinal power of the sequence, parsley, yarrow, chamomile flowers is used.
Propolis is quite effective. Five-percent solution should be cleaned face before bedtime. In the morning a thin film forms on the skin surface. You can remove it with a cotton swab dipped in vodka.
If the patient has acne rosacea, home treatment should include such masks:
- Aloe juice Dilute the above liquid in equal proportions with warm water.Dampen gauze in the prepared solution. Such lotions should be applied for about twenty minutes on damaged skin. The course of treatment usually lasts at least 15, but not more than 20 days.
- Cabbage juice. The recipe is the same as above. The only difference is the main ingredient. In this case, cabbage juice should be mixed with water in the same proportions.
- Infusion of rosehips.In this case, it is necessary to prepare a warm broth. Wipes are moistened in the infusion and applied to the problem areas of the face. This procedure should last about 20 minutes. At the same time, it is necessary to change the lotion six or seven times in the allotted time. Apply the mask should be every other day. A full course of treatment should include twenty procedures.
To achieve the best effect of folk treatment, the above masks should be combined with the use of special fees. It is simply considered to be a decoction, the ingredients for the manufacture of which are burdock stems, nettle leaves, and horsetail grass. It will take 2 tbsp. dry collection. Fill the prepared amount of the herbal component with 500 milliliters of water.This mixture should be infused over low heat for about five minutes. The resulting decoction is recommended to take up to four times a day for half a glass.
Earlier it was noted how important it is to comply with the diet. Rosacea patients should eat regularly and gradually. It should maximally limit the intake of canned foods, sausages, salt, pepper and various spices, vinegar, any fried food, sweets, animal fats. It is recommended to refuse grapes, oranges, pears, tangerines. Forget about alcohol, hot coffee and strong tea.
Often the question arises that then you can use. Those patients who have begun to combat rosacea, the treatment of this disease can be significantly accelerated if the following products are introduced into the diet:
- lean meat (steamed, boiled, steamed);
- oil (butter and vegetable);
- boiled eggs;
- potatoes, carrots, beets, cabbage;
- fresh cucumbers;
- plums, apples, berries;
- parsley, dill;
- cereals (rice, buckwheat, oatmeal);
- dairy products;
- bread (unleavened).
If a patient has a severe stage of the disease, sometimes the doctor prescribes medical fasting for five days.With such a diet, for the first two days the patient is allowed to drink only mineral water. On the third day, the connection of some products begins. And by the fifth list of food expands to the maximum permissible for this ailment.
Faced with such an unpleasant illness, most people experience panic. Trying to cope with the disease on its own, often the body is irreparably harmed. That is why any independent steps are strictly prohibited if the goal is an effective treatment of rosacea. Reviews of patients faced with this disease, as a rule, begin with the recommendations that you need to visit an experienced dermatologist. It is the professional who can explain everything in detail and in an accessible manner. At the same time, there is an excellent effect from home treatments with the use of aloe juice, chamomile and green tea compresses.
From drugs, patients emit "metronidazole." And, of course, the most effective is laser therapy.
The treatment of the disease we have discussed in detail above. At the same time, hygienic skin care is very important.In winter, it is necessary to protect the face as much as possible from cold, strong wind, rain and snow. In the heat you need to protect your skin from sunlight. For this, one should give preference to a wide-brimmed hat, dark glasses or an umbrella. In the summer it is recommended to use sunscreen.
People who suffer from rosacea should stop visiting the solarium and sauna. When choosing cosmetics advantage should be given to mildly acting means. Acquire products that contain extracts of blueberries, grapefruit, cucumber, chamomile. It is very important that alcohol is not part of the makeup. The best means are those marked with the mark “against couperosis” or “hypoallergenic”.
Men who are prone to illness are advised to use an electric razor. Any cream or ointment should be applied to the skin very carefully. Strong rubbing is unacceptable. You should also avoid rubbing the skin with a towel.
Remember that only comprehensive measures, selected by a dermatologist, can give good results in the fight against rosacea. The treatment of the disease will be most effective if, in addition to taking medications, you will take careful care of your skin and adhere to a healthy lifestyle.