Romanesco cabbage: cooking recipes
Romanesco cabbage, according to some researchers, is a hybrid and broccoli. In international markets, the product appeared in the 1990s. This extraordinary beauty vegetable has a dense structure and soft green color. Outwardly, it resembles a cauliflower, and tastes like broccoli. Most often, vegetable stews, sauces and salads are prepared from Romanesco. About what dishes can be made from this unusual product, will be discussed in this article.
Romanesco cabbage is a storehouse of all sorts of useful substances. It contains vitamins A, K, C. In addition, this vegetable is rich in zinc, fiber, carotenoids and antioxidants. Regular consumption of it will help to improve blood circulation in the body, will serve as a prevention of cancer and other neoplasms. Cellulose, which is present in the composition of romanesco, helps to improve the motility of the large intestine, helps prevent the occurrence of hemorrhoids, diarrhea, and constipation.Romanesco cabbage is considered to be much more useful than broccoli. Recipes for this vegetable will be described below.
Hake with romanesco cabbage and tarragon. Ingredients
Vegetable perfectly combined with a variety of products. With it you can cook delicious meat or fish. In order to bake hake with cabbage and cream, you will need the following products:
- hake (fillet) - 450 grams;
- chicken egg - 2 pieces;
- Romanesco cabbage - 400 grams;
- wheat flour - 3 tablespoons;
- butter (for lubrication) - to taste;
- cream - to taste;
- tarragon - 1 bunch.
Hake with romanesco cabbage and tarragon. Cooking method
- First of all, it is necessary to cut the cabbage into small florets, then wash them and dry. After this romanesco should be boiled in salted water. Cooking time is ten minutes.
- Next, you need to cut the fish fillets into pieces and carefully put them on a baking sheet or in a baking dish. The layer of the hake should be greased with butter and sprinkled with tarragon.
- Then in a deep bowl, you must mix the cream, flour, eggs, salt and pepper. Now this composition should be poured fish.
- After this dish you need to bake in the oven for half an hour. The cooking temperature is 220 degrees Celsius.
It is cooked with fish and tarragon romanesco cabbage. Recipes for this vegetable will be useful to any hostess.
Romanesco with gorgonzola. Ingredients
Decorate your presence with any dish tender romanesco cabbage. The recipe for the following dish involves the use of such components:
- wheat flour - 1 teaspoon;
- Romanesco - 1 head;
- butter - 25 grams;
- Gorgonzola cheese - 250 grams;
- cumin (seeds) - 1 tablespoon;
- Cognac - 2 tablespoons;
- pepper, salt - to taste.
Romanesco with gorgonzola. Cooking method
- First, cabbage must be cut into small bunches, pour cold water with flour and salt, bring to a boil and boil for ten minutes. After that, the product should be put on a separate dish and let it cool.
- Then cheese, butter, brandy and milk should be put in a blender, salt, season with pepper and blend until smooth.
- Next, the resulting mixture is necessary to pour boiled cabbage. Top of the dish should be sprinkled with cumin seeds.
Cabbage romanesco with gorgonzola is ready. The dish should be served immediately after cooking.
Frittata with romanesco and broccoli. Ingredients
- cheese - 200 grams;
- cauliflower romanesco - 300 grams;
- chicken egg - 2 pieces;
- broccoli - 100 grams;
- cream - 100 grams;
- onion - 1 piece;
- salt, pepper - to taste;
- carrots - 1 piece.
Frittata with romanesco and broccoli. Cooking method
- First of all, you need to make out romanesco and broccoli into separate inflorescences. Then the cabbage must be boiled in salted water. Cooking time is five minutes.
- After that, peeled and chopped vegetables (onions and carrots) should be fried in vegetable or olive oil.
- Then you need to thoroughly whip the cream with the egg.
- Next, put carrots, onions and cabbage into a pre-greased baking dish. Then the vegetables must be poured egg-cream mixture. Sprinkle with cheese on top.
- Then the dish must be baked in the oven, heated to 180 degrees. Cooking time - 20-25 minutes.
That is ready romanesco cabbage with broccoli and cheese! This low-calorie dish will appeal to all members of your family.
It is considered a dietary product cabbage Romanesco. The recipes for cooking this vegetable suggest that it should be cooked directly after harvesting, as it quickly loses all its gastronomic useful properties during storage. However, there is another solution - the novel can be marinated.
To do this, you need the following ingredients:
- carrots - 1 piece;
- Romanesco cabbage - 1 head;
- sunflower oil - 70 grams;
- apple vinegar - 100 grams;
- salt - 2 tablespoons;
- sugar - 5 tablespoons;
- bay leaf - 2 pieces;
- Clove - 2-3 pieces;
- black pepper - 5 peas;
- water - 1 liter.
Romanesco pickled cabbage. Cooking method
- First you need to disassemble the vegetable into inflorescences. Small pieces can be left whole, and large ones should be cut into two parts.
- Next, wash, peel and chop the carrot into thin slices.
- Then chopped vegetables should be put in clean jars.
- After that, you can proceed to the preparation of the marinade. To do this, in a separate saucepan, you must mix the spices, sugar and salt.
- Then they should add vegetable oil and apple cider vinegar.
- Now the resulting mass is necessary to pour water and bring to a boil. In this case, the sugar and salt in the marinade should be completely dissolved.
- After that, hot liquid to pour carrots and cabbage in jars.
- Next, banks with the cooled marinade should roll up the lids. Then glass containers should be placed in the refrigerator for two or three days.
The cabbage romanesco, the recipes of which are discussed in this article, after keeping in marinade loses its beautiful color and becomes pale. However, this fact is compensated by the wonderful taste of the vegetable - it becomes crispy and appetizing.
Now you know how to cook romanesco cabbage. Recipes do not differ special originality.