"Pentalgin": composition, reviews, instructions for use
Pentalgin is an antispasmodic and anti-inflammatory drug.
Anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic, analgesic, as well as antipyretic - these are the actions that the drug "Pentalgin" has. Its composition combines active ingredients, which is the reason for such a good therapeutic effect of Pentalgin.
Components that make up the drug
- Naproxen, belonging to the group of anti-inflammatory nonsteroidal drugs, which has a direct antipyretic, analgesic and anti-inflammatory effect associated with improving the synthesis of prostaglandins.
- Drotaverine affects the smooth muscles of the gastrointestinal tract, the urogenital system, as well as the biliary tract and blood vessels.
- Paracetamol, which has antipyretic and analgesic properties, blocks the central nervous system in the central nervous system and inhibits the pain and thermoregulation centers.
- By toning up the brain's blood vessels, caffeine dilates the blood vessels of the kidneys, heart, and skeletal muscles, eliminating the state of drowsiness. Since caffeine is a psychostimulant, it, by increasing the bioavailability of non-narcotic analgesics, as well as increasing the permeability of histohematogenous barriers, significantly increases the therapeutic effect.
- Antispasmodic and sedative effect has pheniramin, enhancing the analgesic effect of such active ingredients as naproxen and paracetamol.
In pregnancy, “Pentalgin” is not recommended, as some of the active ingredients in this drug can penetrate the placenta.
Pentalgin: release form and composition
Pentalgin is being produced in the form of biconvex green tablets coated with a film with embossed on one side of the word PENTALGIN - Pentalgin.
The composition of one tablet
Many people are wondering what is the composition of the drug "Pentalgin"? The advantage of this drug is that there are no “extra” substances inside, and all components help to get rid of pain. Here it is, the composition of one pill:
- paracetamol - 325 mg;
- Pheniramine Maleate - 10 mg;
- caffeine - 50 mg;
- naproxen - 100 mg;
- Drotaverine hydrochloride - 40 mg.
Pentalgin. Indications for use
"Pentalgin" with drotaverine, according to the instructions, is used for:
- pain syndrome of different origin, including toothache, algomenorrhea, neuralgia, sciatica, pain in the joints and muscles and headache;
- catarrhal diseases accompanied by fever;
- pain syndrome, which is caused by spasm of smooth muscles, which, in turn, occurs with postcholecystectomy syndrome, gallstone disease, renal colic, chronic cholecystitis;
- post-traumatic and postoperative pain syndrome.
Contraindications use "Pentalgina" instructions
- Gastrointestinal lesions (erosive-ulcerative) in the acute phase.
- Severe renal failure.
- The combination of polyposis of the paranasal sinuses and nose and asthma against the background of intolerance to nonsteroidal drugs (including acetylsalicylic acid).
- Renal failure (severe).
- The period of rehabilitation after coronary artery bypass surgery.
- Hypertension in severe.
- Paroxysmal tachycardia.
- Inhibition of bone marrow hematopoiesis.
- Ventricular extrasystole (frequent).
- Gastrointestinal bleeding.
- Organic diseases of the cardiovascular system in severe form, myocardial infarction in acute form, inclusive.
- At the age of 18 years.
- During hypersensitivity to the components of the drug "Pentalgin".
It is not recommended to use "Pentalgin" during breastfeeding and during pregnancy, and also to take it with care for the elderly and if you have:
- peripheral arterial disease;
- cerebrovascular diseases;
- moderate to mild hepatic and renal failure;
- alcohol damage to the liver;
- deficiency of glucose-6-fastadehydrogenase;
- viral hepatitis;
- ulcerative lesions of the gastrointestinal tract in history;
- inclination to convulsive seizures;
- benign hyperbilirubinemia (Rotor, Dubin-Johnson and Gilbert syndromes, inclusive).
Method of use of the drug "Pentalgin"
You can not take more than 4 tablets "Pentalgina" per day.
- As a fever reducing agent, Pentalgin should not be taken for more than 3 days.In the absence of a positive result, you must consult a doctor to clarify the diagnosis.
- According to the instructions, as an anesthetic "Pentalgin" should be taken up to 5 days.
To use the drug for a longer period, it is necessary to solve this with your doctor. If "Pentalgin" appointed during pregnancy, it is necessary to do so in the shortest possible time. Do not exceed the dose of the drug "Pentalgin". The composition of the drug contains substances that can cause an overdose, manifested as:
- bleeding in the digestive tract;
- lack of appetite;
- increased liver transaminase activity;
- frequent urination;
- discoloration of the skin (pallor);
- change in prothrombin time (increase);
- muscle twitching or tremor;
- vomiting, abdominal pain, nausea;
- epileptic seizures;
- change in body temperature (increase).
Caution should be taken to receive caffeine-containing products and drinks, along with taking the drug "Pentalgin."The drug already contains caffeine, and increasing the dose can lead to excessive stimulation of the nervous system and excessive stress on the heart.