Mutton stew with vegetables: tips and recipes
Lamb stew with vegetables is especially tasty when cooked using fresh and young meat. It should be noted that there are many recipes with which you can quickly and easily make an aromatic and nourishing dish using this product. We will consider only a few of them.
Lamb with vegetables (the recipe will be presented later) is not cooked on the stove or in the oven for a very long time. That is why dishes using these ingredients are particularly popular with those who like to eat tasty and satisfying food, but at the same time do not want to devote a lot of time to creating dinner.
It should also be said that the rate of cooking of such products depends on what kind of meat you have purchased. So, lamb stew with vegetables will be usable after 35-43 minutes, if you purchased a young lamb carcass.If you got a stringy piece from an adult ram, then it may take much longer to prepare it. By the way, such meat often has a specific smell. In this regard, to create a tasty and delicate dish, we recommend purchasing only the most young and fresh product.
Lamb with vegetables: a recipe for a delicious and rich goulash
Young ram meat is ideal for making delicious goulash. It should be noted that this sauce can be served with absolutely any side dish. But it is best combined with mashed potatoes, pasta or boiled rice.
Cooking lamb with vegetables requires the use of the following products:
- lamb without bones, but with a small amount of fat - about 1 kg;
- bulbs sweet white - 2 pcs .;
- ripe tomatoes, large fleshy - 2 pcs .;
- large juicy carrots - 1 pc .;
- refined vegetable oil - about 50 ml;
- pepper, salt and any seasonings - are used to taste.
Vegetable and meat processing
Before you cook the lamb with vegetables, you should process all the mentioned ingredients in advance.Meat must be washed, freed from all kinds of veins and films, and then chopped into not very large pieces. The bulbs should be peeled and then cut into thick half rings. Fleshy tomatoes need to scald with boiling water, remove the peel-film from them and grind with a knife. Carrots must be stripped of the peel and cut into thin circles.
So, cook lamb with vegetables. To do this, you need to put on a deep fire a deep saucepan, and then pour oil into it and heat it up. Next in the dishes you want to lay out the shredded lamb meat and lightly fry. After 8-10 minutes, add chopped onion to the main product and continue the heat treatment for about ¼ more hours. In conclusion, it is necessary to put carrot circles and chopped tomatoes in a saucepan. Salting and seasoning all the ingredients, they need to be mixed well and simmer under the lid closed for about 40 minutes. In this case, the contents of the dishes are encouraged to periodically stir a large spoon. If in the process of quenching the broth will quickly evaporate, then 1 / 2-2 / 3 cup of ordinary water can be added to the meat.
Properly served to the dining table
Lamb stew with vegetables, cooked according to the recipe presented, turns out to be very tasty and fragrant. After the meat product becomes soft, it is required to lay it along with the gravy on a plate, and place any favorite side dishes (for example, boiled rice, mashed potatoes, pasta, etc.) alongside. Also ready lunch is recommended to sprinkle with a small amount of fresh chopped greens.
Detailed recipe: lamb (stew) with vegetables
If you do not want to cook goulash and side dishes separately, then you can make a tasty and full-fledged lunch from such a product. For this we may need:
- lamb without bones, but with a small amount of fat - about 600 g;
- sweet white bulbs - 2 pcs .;
- medium sized potato tubers - about 3 pcs .;
- ripe fleshy large tomatoes - 2 pcs .;
- soft pumpkin - 200 g;
- large juicy carrots - 1 pc .;
- small eggplants - 2 pcs .;
- refined vegetable oil - about 70 ml;
- Pepper, salt and any seasoning - use to taste.
Lamb with vegetables in a cauldron turns out to be especially tasty and fragrant.But if such dishes in your kitchen did not appear, then you can use the usual thick-walled pot.
Before heat treating all the ingredients, they should be prepared in advance. To do this, take the meat of the carcass of a sheep, wash it well, and then cut off all unnecessary veins and chop into fairly large pieces. After that, you should clean all purchased vegetables. At the same time, the potatoes must be cut into quarters, the bulbs into half rings, the pumpkin into cubes, and the carrot into slices. As for eggplants, they should be peeled, shredded and soaked in salt water. This procedure is necessary in order to maximally deprive the product of its bitterness. After half an hour, the eggplants must be discarded in a colander and rinsed under cold water. If you do not, then in the end you can get an overly salty dish.
Lamb with vegetables in a cauldron should be prepared in stages. To begin with, the main part of the ingredients should be pre-fry. To do this, it is necessary to pour in a vessel a sufficient amount of vegetable fat, and then heat it up strongly.Next in the cauldron (or thick-walled pot) you want to lay out the potatoes and fry it a little. At the same time the vegetable should be well browned, but remain tough inside. After that, the tubers should be removed, and instead put carrots and onions in the oil. After frying foods in the same way, they should also be put aside. In conclusion, in the same dish should be fried young sheep meat. At the same time it is required to pepper and salt.
After the lamb is well fried, it should be put potatoes, carrots and onions, and then mix all the ingredients thoroughly. On top of these products must be alternately covered with eggplants, tomatoes and pumpkin. Having added 1 glass of water to the cauldron, it is recommended to close it, set the fire to minimum and simmer all the ingredients for about 35-44 minutes. This time is quite enough for meat and vegetables to be fully prepared.
How to serve a dish for dinner?
Now you know how to cook lamb with vegetables. After all the components are soft, remove them from the heat and insist under the lid closed for hour.During this time, meat with vegetables natomitsya and nourishes the aroma of spices. Serve a tasty and hearty lamb dish to the table in deep plates. Pre-lunch is recommended to decorate with fresh herbs.
Armenian dish with lamb
Surely everyone knows that ram meat dishes are especially popular with the inhabitants of the Caucasus. And who, if not them, knows what can be prepared from this product.
Armenian-style lamb with vegetables is a very tasty, nourishing and aromatic dish. To make it yourself, we will need:
- lamb without bones, but with a small amount of fat - about 250 g;
- sweet white bulbs - 2 pcs .;
- medium garlic cloves - 3 pcs .;
- small eggplants - 3 pcs .;
- melted butter - about 50 ml;
- Pepper, citric acid, salt, saffron, parsley, cinnamon - use to taste.
How to simmer lamb with vegetables according to the Armenian recipe? To answer the question, you must adhere to the following rules:
- For three hours, insist saffron in alcohol solution or boiling water.
- Peel the onions, then chop them and fry them in the melted butter.
- Cut the lamb into pieces and fry in the same pot with the onions.
- After a few minutes, add some water to the saucepan, as well as citric acid, salt, cinnamon and pepper. Stew all ingredients to full readiness.
- Peel small eggplants and blanch them in lightly salted boiling water for about 2-3 minutes.
- We throw the eggplants in a colander and let the excess liquid flow down. Cut vegetables into medium cubes and fry in melted butter.
- A few minutes before the mutton is fully prepared, we add eggplants and grated garlic cloves to it. Simmer all ingredients for 7-11 minutes.
- Fill the finished dish with infusion of saffron, and then bring to a boil and remove from heat.
Proper lunch serving
Stewed lamb with vegetables in Armenian is very aromatic and tasty. Before serving such a dish to the table, you should sprinkle it with fresh, finely chopped greens. Bon Appetit!
Stew meat with vegetables in the oven
If you do not know what to cook as a hot dish for the festive table, then we suggest you make tasty meat in pots.
Lamb with vegetables in the oven is cooked pretty quickly.But, in order to make such an unusual dish and to treat your loved ones to them, you should definitely take care of the presence of small portions of pots in which all products will be put. It is desirable that such dishes be made of clay. After all, the only way you can get the most fragrant and tasty dish.
So, lamb with potted vegetables involves the use of the following products:
- lamb without bones, but with a small amount of fat - about 900 g;
- 3 sweet white bulbs;
- potato tubers of medium size - approximately 7 pcs .;
- large juicy carrots - 3 pcs .;
- laurel leaves - 2 pcs. on each pot;
- peppercorns - 3 pcs. on each pot;
- fleshy tomato - 1 pc .;
- refined vegetable oil - a large spoon for each pot;
- pepper, salt and any seasonings - are used to taste.
To prepare such a dish, you should wash the meaty piece of meat well, and then chop it into small pieces. Next, you need to clean all the vegetables and cut them into thin circles.
Before you form such a dinner, you should wash all the pots well and then dry them using paper towels.Further, in each clay container is required to pour a large spoonful of vegetable oil. After that, it is necessary to put shredded mutton, onion rings, 3 peas of allspice and 2 leaves of laurel in equal portions in equal portions.
Having laid out meat and fragrant spices, you should also send carrots and potato tubers to the pots. On top of all the ingredients it is recommended to put one thick circle of fleshy tomato. At the end, add salt and other flavoring seasonings to each filled pot, and then pour 2/3 glasses of plain water.
Heat treatment process
After forming the dish, all clay containers should be closed and placed on the oven grate. At a temperature of 220 degrees, lamb with vegetables should roast for about 50 minutes. After this time, one pot should be opened and try the products for softness. If the knife easily and quickly enters the dish, then it can be safely removed from the oven.
How to serve to the festive table?
Ready dinner in the pots should be carefully removed from the oven and set on flat saucers.It is recommended to serve lamb with vegetables for a festive table in a closed state along with a salad of fresh vegetables and dark bread.
In order to cook lamb meat at home, there is no need to have special culinary knowledge and skills. But to create a tasty, aromatic, and nourishing dish, it is still recommended to adhere to the following rules:
- The second dish of lamb will turn out much softer if the meat is pre-processed and salt. To do this, you need to remove all the hard films and veins from the acquired piece, then chop it, season with salt and pepper and leave it aside for half an hour.
- If you are cooking a second course or baking lamb in the oven, then you need to purchase only the meat of the animal carcass. But if you like meat on the bone, then it’s better to use loin. By the way, such lamb chops are very tasty in a frying pan.
- The time of stewing the meat of a ram depends entirely on how large the piece you use and how young the product was. If you purchased a lamb, then for its heat treatment you need only 34-38 minutes.If you caught an adult and wiry sheep, then it will have to cook for about an hour and a half, or even more.
- To make the mutton dish as aromatic and tasty as possible, it is recommended to pre-fry the meat in vegetable or ghee.