Museum of submarines in Moscow: the most interesting exhibits. History, ticket price, location map
The capital of our country is just a paradise for tourists and citizens living an active cultural life. Probably, there is no such day, in which it is impossible to make your day off or holiday fruitfully and saturated. But if today you are thinking about where to go, then our advice to you is to visit the Museum of Submarines in Moscow!
About the Navy Museum
The museum of submarines called the Moscow Museum of the History of the Navy, located in the park area "Northern Tushino". Its history began in 1999, when the Navy veterans offered the mayor of the city to open a similar military memorial complex. The Moscow government gave the go-ahead, and already in 2003, the main character of the museum, the submarine Novosibirsk Komsomolets, found eternal parking in the water area of the Khimki reservoir.In 2006 she was ready to take on board the first visitors.
In 2007, the exposition was supplemented by the Skat assault boat and the Eaglet (Eaglet). Let's get acquainted with all the exhibits closer.
Submarine B 396 "Novosibirsk Komsomol member" - the central element of the museum. It was built in 1972-1979. at the Nizhny Novgorod enterprise "Red Sormovo". Like its 18 fellows, this is a 90.2-meter ocean-class diesel submarine. Offline to spend in the sea B396 capable of up to 80 days.
Some characteristics of the machine:
- The main weapon is self-guided electric torpedoes, having a caliber of 533 mm. For them, 6 torpedo installations were built in the bow of the ship.
- The boat is equipped with a sonar system capable of detecting a target within a radius of 15 km around it.
- The maximum number of ammunition: 44 mines / 22 torpedoes.
- The speed during the flooding is 13 knots, while underwater - 16 (about 32 km / h).
- The maximum immersion depth is 246-300 m.
The combat duty of the submarine carried in the period 1979-1998. "Novosibirsk Komsomol member" patrolled the waters:
- Northern Fleet.
- Mediterranean Sea.
- West African coast.
- Barents, Norwegian Sea.
The final water trip decommissioned boat made in 2003 on the route "Severodvinsk-Moscow". Then, the B396 gained eternal parking on the Khimki Reservoir, installed on a concrete base 10 meters from the shore. Of course, the combat submarine was of little use for museum visitors, therefore, for convenience, it was reconstructed as follows:
- In the right board of the nasal first compartment a full-fledged entrance was made for the growth of an adult.
- For comfortable movement of visitors, all the premises and the mechanism on the starboard side of the “Novosibirsk Komsomol Member” were removed.
- Sealed hatches, living quarters, mechanisms on the left side are fully preserved.
- For safety reasons, the upper deck is fenced.
- Submarine completely disarmed.
After all the work done, the “Novosibirsk Komsomol member” became comfortable for visiting by all categories of citizens, including those with disabilities.
Inside the submarine
Let's see what awaits us inside the most important exhibit of the Museum of Submarines in Moscow:
- Torpedo compartment: boat control devices, mock torpedoes, emergency buoy, wetsuit, in which evacuation of a military unit from a ship is possible in case of an emergency.
- Living compartment: the cabin of the ship’s commander is kept, where you can also get acquainted with the stands telling about the combat service of the ship. Next - a conference room with a capacity of 30 people.
- Central compartment: The "heart" of the vessel from which it is being managed. All mechanisms and devices have been restored, some of them are functioning in working mode. Visitors are attracted here by the navigator and hydroacoustic logging, the opportunity to look at the surroundings through the periscope.
- Fourth Residential Compartment: exposition dedicated to the history of the Navy.
- Diesel compartment: here you can see with your own eyes a real diesel engine, setting in motion such a colossus as the “Novosibirsk Komsomol member”.
- Electrotechnical compartment: electric motor, also responsible for the movement of the machine.
- Seventh living compartment: life of the submariners, instruments that ensure the life of the crew.
... and other interesting exhibits
In the Museum of submarines in Moscow, you can also visit and see the following:
- Assault boat "Skat", in service with the Navy since 1970. Unfortunately, it is impossible to go inside.
- The ekranoplan (combination of aircraft and ship) "Eaglet". Can move over any surface, move by land and by water.The maximum speed is 400 km / h, the route distance is 1500 km. Although you can look at the "Eaglet" only outside, in the museum you can easily control them in a virtual piloting simulator.
- Educational center "Fairway" for schoolchildren - during the 45-minute program, children can learn from: various countries and cities, space and Earth as its particle, the world of atomic energy, St. Petersburg - the country's sea capital.
The museum is located at: ul. Liberty, pp. 50-56, Park "Northern Tushino". Consider how to get to the Museum of submarines in Moscow:
- From m. "Glider": change to the bus number 102 or number 678. After 5 stops, get off at the "Supermarket". You will only have to go through the park to the museum.
- From metro station "River Station": take bus number 199 and proceed to the stop "School number 132". Next, go to the park and follow the quay to the museum.
- From metro station "Skhodnenskaya": change onto the bus number 643m and get off at "Sailing Drive".
- Tuesday-Sunday - 11.00-19.00.
- Thursday 13.00-21.00.
- Monday is a non-working day.
Be careful, ticket offices close for half an hour before the end of the museum.
Museum of submarines in Moscow: ticket price
The cost of tickets for today is:
- Admission ticket for an adult - 250 rubles. With a story guide - 350 rubles.
- For children (7-17 years old) and citizens of retirement age - 120 rubles. With the inclusion of excursions - 180 rubles.
On the third day off of the month, admission is free for all.
In addition to group tours, which are ordered in advance by phone number, you can also choose an individual one directly at the museum’s box office. This possibility exists strictly at certain hours:
- Tuesday-Sunday: 15.00 and 17.00.
- Thursday: 17.00 and 19.00.
The Museum of Submarines in Moscow will be interesting for both children and adults. Only here you can visit the real combat submarine and get close to the history of the Navy!