How to prepare the famous Russian vinaigrette with herring
quite original. Among them a special place is occupied by salads. They are always fun to cook and enjoy to eat. As the most interesting of them can be identified vinaigrette with herring.
Most people are accustomed to perceive salads as a mixture of fresh vegetables or fruits. Here the salad is at odds with the generally accepted opinion. Some of the products necessary for its preparation should be boiled beforehand. The rest of the technology remains standard. One of the options for the well-known dish is a vinaigrette with herring. He appeared in Russian cuisine in the 19th century, and since then the popularity of this dish is constantly growing. To prepare a classic salad, you will need:
1 herring (pickled), boiled vegetables (2 potatoes, 1 carrot and 1 beet), 1 cucumber (pickled or salted), 150 grams of sauerkraut, half fresh apple, some olive oil, 1 teaspoon of vinegar and mustard, ground pepper as well as a pinch of sugar.
Preparing a salad as follows:
- All vegetables cut into strips of medium size (very small pieces will turn the salad into a mash).
- Prepare a dressing from butter, vinegar, mustard and sugar.
- Chopped vegetables lightly salt and sprinkle a little pepper.
- Season the salad with the prepared mixture, mix the products gently and leave for 30 minutes.
- Cut the herring fillets into thin strips, then roll each of them into a ring and place on the edge of the plate. In the center of the slide lay out the finished salad. You can choose another design option and decompose the herring separately on pieces of bread.
Such a salad with herring instantly causes appetite. Immediately there is a desire to pick up a fork and start eating.
As a rule, all components of the salad should be combined into one total mass. Therefore, you can consider another option to cook a salad with herring in a more familiar way. For this you will need:
2 beets, 1 onion, 2 carrots, 4 potatoes, 3 cucumbers (salted), 200 grams of sauerkraut and salted herring fillets, vegetable oil and greens (parsley, dill).
- Boil (in uniform) potatoes, beets and carrots in advance.Then peel the vegetables and cut into cubes of medium size.
- Cucumbers also chop into cubes, pre-cut the skin. It is very tough and can spoil the taste of the salad.
- Cut the onion as small as possible.
- Squeeze the cabbage well.
- Herring is also crushed into cubes, but larger than vegetables.
- All products put in one bowl, pour over with oil and mix. Salt such a salad is not necessary. This will make fish, cabbage and cucumbers.
Before serving the dish can be sprinkled with chopped greens.
Flight of fancy
A good housewife always tries to put a piece of her soul in the dish. And if you also show imagination, you can make a very unusual salad with herring. The recipe is basically saved, except for small additions. For this salad will need the following components:
1 carrot, 1 beet, 1 onion, 2 potatoes, 2 pickled cucumbers, 250 grams of salted herring, ½ cans (150 grams) of canned peas, a teaspoon of mustard, a little salt, ground pepper and, of course, vegetable oil.
- Boil beets, potatoes and carrots, peel and cut into cubes.
- Cucumbers, too, cut into slices of the same size.
- Chop the onion, pour a little boiling water over it, then cool it. In this way, it will be possible to get rid of bitterness.
- Fillet arbitrarily cut into slices.
- Put the products in a salad bowl, and then sprinkle them with salt and pepper a little.
- Contents pour a mixture of mustard and oil.
It remains only to mix everything up and serve ready-made vinaigrette with herring. The recipe is quite simple and does not require much effort.
Sometimes non-standard solutions help create new recipes for old dishes. For example, if someone does not like vegetable oil, then you can make a salad with herring and mayonnaise. It will not be difficult at all, but the set of components will change a little. One herring will need:
1 beet, 2 pickled cucumbers, 1 carrot, 3 potatoes, 1 boiled chicken egg, two lettuce, green onion, mayonnaise, salt and vinegar.
Preparing this dish in the usual way:
- First, you need to soak the fish a little, and then remove the fillet and cut it into arbitrary pieces.
- Crumble the onion with a knife as small as possible.
- Pre-boiled vegetables cut into medium cubes.
- Chop egg and cucumber in the same way.
- Pour all prepared products into clean dishes, add salt, sprinkle with vinegar and season with mayonnaise.
- Cover the container with lettuce leaves and put the prepared mixture on them.
- On top of the dish decorate with chopped green onion feathers.
If desired, fish and eggs can not be added to the bulk, and lay on top of it.
Everyone can decide for himself how to cook a salad with herring. Western countries have their own opinions on this. There, in the recipe is not used cabbage, but it does not spoil the dish. On the contrary, it acquires a new, unusual taste. For this version of the salad will require the following ingredients:
400 grams of herring, two carrots, 3 small potatoes, 1 onion, 2 medium beets, 1 salted cucumber and 50 grams of vegetable oil.
- Cut onions and cucumber into small cubes.
- The rest of the vegetables boil, peel, and then chop into larger cubes.
- Cut the fish fillet into the same pieces.
- Put the products in a salad bowl, fill with oil, sprinkle with salt and mix well.
The salad is ready, and now it remains only to figure out how best to serve it. To do this, you can use various molds or non-standard dishes. Decorate the dish better greens. It is ideal for both taste and appearance.
For those who are closely monitoring their health, we can advise constantly, eat a salad with herring. Caloric content of such a dish is relatively small and directly depends on the ingredients in its composition. A maximum of 100 grams of such a dish contains not more than 119.1 kilocalories. This is quite a bit. Such a low energy intensity is due to the fact that this salad consists mainly of vegetables, and they, as we know, are not rich in calories.
But do not forget about the compatibility of products. If, for example, you want to fill a vinaigrette with mayonnaise, then it is better not to use potatoes in it. As you know, this vegetable is rich in carbohydrates, and mixed with mayonnaise, they form a real “bomb” that causes the body, as ordered, to accumulate fat in store. Therefore, in this case it is better to use low-calorie types of mayonnaise or even prepare a dressing based on yogurt.Herring also makes its own adjustments to the recipe. It not only increases the caloric content of the finished product, but also threatens those who have stomach problems. Hence the conclusion that it is necessary to strictly monitor the content of the prepared mixture or, if possible, try to limit the amount of its consumption.