How to cook pumpkin for mashed potatoes?
Pumpkin is recommended by nutritionists and actively use moms for baby food due to the high content of nutrients and vitamins needed for proper growth and development. This article will tell you how to cook a pumpkin correctly, how to make mashed potatoes out of it.
A selection of cooking pumpkins
Do not choose when buying chopped, even if it is wrapped in cling film. Pumpkin could well be cut in unsanitary conditions and become a huge "mine" with bacteria and other microorganisms. And it can “explode” either in your stomach or in a baby.
You should also choose smaller pumpkins. Since they have a pleasant sourness, and they are sweeter. If there is such an opportunity, then with a slightly dried fruit stem (top). A pumpkin that does not have such a tail will surely spoil in one or two weeks. Drawing and outlines of the fetus must be clearly defined, slightly smoothed.
Preparation of the product for cooking. What should be done?
Before answering the question: “How to boil a pumpkin?” - you first need to properly clean and prepare it. This is done in several stages:
- Pumpkin should be thoroughly washed with a sponge and wiped with a damp cloth.
- Peel it off with a knife.
- Remove the seeds, but do not throw them away (the seeds must be dried, roasted and used further to strengthen the immune system).
- Next, cut the vegetable in half.
- Now cut the amount of pumpkin you need, and wrap the rest in a bag or cling film for further storage in the refrigerator.
- Vegetable should be cut into small cubes and proceed to the preparation of mashed potatoes.
How much and how to boil a pumpkin in a pan if it is cut into slices? In order to properly weld, you must act in steps:
- You need to fill the pot with water and turn on the stove. The liquid must completely cover the cubes of the pumpkin.
- After the water boils, you need to add small cubes of pumpkin, various spices (to taste). It is necessary to cook for 20 minutes on low heat.
To check whether the cubes have boiled, one of them must be carefully pierced.If it is soft inside, the stove can be turned off. Then you should drain the water and drink the cubes. When you add sour cream and herbs to the dish, you can get a wonderful dinner, an excellent dietary dish. And if you use honey and chopped nuts, then there will be a great dessert!
Cooking in a slow cooker
How and how much to cook pumpkin in a slow cooker or a double boiler? Cooking in a slow cooker is as easy as in other containers. To do this, you must perform the following list of actions:
- Cubes need to lay out at the bottom of the multicooker, salt. Add also your favorite spices, salt and sugar (to taste).
- Pour hot water over the pieces so that it covers them in half.
- Choose the mode "Baking" and set the time - thirty to forty minutes. It is necessary to cook with the lid of the multicooker closed.
To pumpkin not boil soft, it is desirable to cook it for a couple. The recipe is exactly the same: put in a double boiler, add spices and pour water. About 15 minutes, the pieces must be cooked.
How and how much to cook a pumpkin for a child?
To prepare a product for infants or toddlers from one to three years old, you will need a pumpkin (450-550 grams) and water (100-150 ml). Cooking should be as follows:
- Pumpkin must be peeled and cut into small cubes.
- Put the obtained pieces in a saucepan, pour hot water or boiling water over it.
- How much to cook a pumpkin for a child? Preparation of pumpkin for baby puree should not be more than 30 minutes. If the cubes turned out to be small, then it’s worth cooking no more than a quarter of an hour. Steamed pumpkin is cooked in just 15 minutes. In addition, the cooking time depends on the initial density of the vegetable.
- If you want to make pumpkin puree, then put the cooked pieces in a blender. Now they need to be ground there to obtain a homogeneous mixture.
- Then transfer the puree into a separate container, add sugar or salt (to taste). Puree ready for use baby!
Mashed potatoes can be stored in the refrigerator for three days in sealed bags or jars. In addition, it can be frozen. After which use over a long period of time. Since the puree will not lose its useful properties (only a small part), bright color and taste!
Cooking in a pressure cooker
How to cook pumpkin until cooked in a pressure cooker? Due to the fast cooking process, most of the vitamins in the pumpkin are preserved.Prepared pieces (sliced, with spices) will cook for five to fifteen minutes.
Cooking in the microwave
How to cook pumpkin until cooked in the microwave? Easy and healthy dessert can be made as follows:
- The edges of the glass saucepan for the microwave (with a glass lid) must be greased with a low-fat butter.
- After that, you need to shift the prepared pieces of pumpkin into a container and pour a little sugar, the dish should be mixed.
- To add to the dessert a pleasant aroma and good taste, you need to add cinnamon and pour 1/3 of water. Cook at high power for about eight minutes.
How to cook a pumpkin correctly? If there were pieces of frozen pumpkin in the freezer, then it's time to get them and be sure to start cooking! The main thing you need to know: the pieces can not be defrosted. Otherwise, the beneficial properties, taste and beautiful appearance will be lost.
Before removing the pumpkin from the refrigerator, boil a small amount of water. Only after boiling, get the frozen pieces and immediately transfer them to the pan. Cook over low heat for thirty minutes.Instead of water, by the way, you can also use non-fat milk.
Mashed potatoes for babies from six months
How and how much to cook pumpkin for mashed potatoes? Due to its beneficial properties, pumpkin puree has recommended itself to almost all moms. From 6 months old, the child should be taught to use it. The recipe for mashed potatoes will be presented below. Even if you are an adult, this dish will not only seem delicious to you, but also inspires childhood memories. Cooking:
- First you need to thoroughly cook the pumpkin in any of the previously presented methods. The fruit may fall apart a bit, and it must be soft.
- Turn off the stove and carefully drain the water. Mashed potatoes are best prepared using a blender, but you can crush it yourself, the main thing is that there should not be any lumps.
- Add spices to taste, a little sunflower oil and eat.
Another recipe puree for kids and adults
How much time to cook pumpkin for mashed potatoes? First you need to decide on the method of cooking (in a pan, microwave, slow cooker, etc.). Twenty minutes will be enough in a saucepan, and only 10 minutes are enough in a pressure cooker or a double boiler.You can try to cook super-fast pumpkin puree. This will require:
- Finely chopped potatoes.
- Sliced pumpkin.
- Butter (preferably non-fat).
Put the pieces of pumpkin in a pressure cooker. Then you need to add potatoes, the total number of which should exceed the number of pumpkin slices several times. Vegetables need to cook 10 minutes. After adding all other ingredients, mix thoroughly. Worth adding any spices (to taste). You get a great side dish, which you can eat with or without meat products.
How to cook pumpkin for pies? Boiled pumpkin for pies is no less useful than stuffing in the form of an apple or berries. Boil it is necessary for any of the schemes presented earlier, but the amount of water must be reduced by 2 times. In a saucepan (or other container used) during cooking you can add a few pinch of sugar and cinnamon.
How much to boil a pumpkin? The time varies from 25-35 minutes. Pumpkin must necessarily become soft. It may even fall apart a little. Further, it is worth pounding in a puree and let cool. After that, the filling can be safely used.