Hijama: what is it? Bloodletting (hijama): reviews, photos, contraindications
Hijama, reviews of which are given below, is a method of treatment that has been used since ancient times. When it arose exactly, and also who made the hijam first, no one knows for sure, one can only guess. Although we are aware of the fact that Hippocrates in his collections mentioned bloodletting. In addition, with some famous Muslim healers (al-Bukasis and Ibn Sina), a device appeared necessary to make small cuts during the procedure, which is a small stick of iron, which had a small sharp blade at the end.
At the same time, the oldest mention of the hijam procedure (what you mean, you will learn in this article), as well as its benefits for the human body are mentioned in the works of the Greek Nikandos, who lived during the Hellenistic period.Roman doctor Galen was a supporter of the humoral Greek theory, which suggests that 4 bodily fluids (bile, blood, mucus, black bile) play a major role in regulating the actions of the organism. He believed that the use of hijama is that it helps to restore imbalance. Galen believed that bloodletting helps breathe, is incredibly useful in the treatment of serious diseases and minor ailments. Another great surgeon and doctor, Antillos, described a method for starting blood from a person’s veins.
In today's Muslim countries there are entire centers in which Hijama is held (the reviews of doctors about it are given in the article below). Here, the treatment is put on the highest level, while we mostly resort to it when all methods have been tried.
Hijama in Islam
So hijama - what is it? This is the very treatment that the prophet Muhammad Salavat advised. In Hadith this is told. The Prophet Salavat was healed by bloodletting. He made it after eating poisoned lamb, while the poison, which was in the meat, did not affect him.After he injured his leg, he turned to the hijama again. Salavat, the Messenger of Allah, did the bloodletting for the prevention of all sorts of diseases.
According to reviews of advocates of alternative medicine, the benefits of Hijama are enormous. With it, it is easy to reduce high blood pressure, cholesterol and blood sugar, normalize the pulse, very quickly improve human well-being. And traditional medicine proved the benefit of bloodletting. Indications for its use:
Types of Hijama
Hijama is divided into wet and dry.
Hijama with cans (dry hijama) is a local irritation of the skin, which is located at certain reflex points, with the help of a can and also creating a vacuum there.
Wet Hijama is a procedure for capillary bleeding through incisions in the skin, during which the blood is extracted by applying the cans with the vacuum created in them.
There is an opinion that since girls have monthly periods of time, they do not need bloodletting. For this reason, some doctors advise to undergo this procedure only after menopause.Although according to the Sunnah of the hijama, the reviews of doctors about which today can be more and more approving, menstruation is not similar, since it causes a cleansing of another kind. The procedure also involves the withdrawal of stagnant capillary blood. Hijama for girls carries the same benefits as for men. It has long been treated with bloodletting for infertility. It is worth noting that the hijama helps girls get rid of:
- numbness of the limbs;
- low immunity;
- muscle cramps;
- problems with veins;
- eye diseases;
- diseases of the stomach;
- gynecological diseases;
- female infertility.
Also bleeding treat male infertility associated with slow sperm, high sperm viscosity. The procedure helps to cope with impotence, prostatitis, hemorrhoidal conditions, decreased libido. It is also shown to men who work in hazardous industries, as it eliminates poisoning, pulmonary edema.
For people who want to lose weight quickly and have tried a huge number of procedures for this, Hijama (the points discussed in the article below) is very effective.A frequent cause of weight gain is impaired metabolism. And bloodletting has a good effect on carbohydrate and fat metabolism. Thrombus forms a stagnation of lymph, they, in turn, interfere with the circulation, therefore, in the body all processes slow down, thereby causing various complications. During the procedure, stagnant blood leaves, after which the metabolism is restarted, thereby stimulating the person’s weight loss.
Hijama: Atlas of points
It is worth noting that treatment in this way implies an impact on the points located on the human body. The main one, al-Kiahel, is located on the back of the neck at the junction of various nerve endings that connect the brain with the rest of the body. Muslim historians say that the prophet Muhammad regularly resorted to such bloodletting (hijama). Atlas points introduced in the Sunnah.
Since the energy moves along a certain meridians along the body of a person, the points are located in places where energy flows intersect. By acting on a specific place, the specialist cures the necessary disease.Some points are used to strengthen the brain, the following - to stimulate endocrine secretion or the immune system, others are needed for the accumulation of blood. The points are located on:
- blood vessels;
- lymph glands;
- power lines.
Today, few people know how to do hijam. Islamic bloodletting is done capillary. For its production, small cuts are made at certain points on the skin. Basically the procedure is done on the 17th, 19th or 21st day of the Muslim calendar. The most successful are considered Monday, Thursday and Tuesday. Bleeding after taking a meal can not be done, while the meat is recommended not to use for 24 hours. Methodology:
- Cumin oil is applied to places of impact. Blades and jars are sanitized.
- The master installs banks on selected points, initially releasing air with a special small pump. After 5 minutes, after the skin acquires a rich red color, the banks are removed.
- Small incisions are made with a blade or scalpel on the stains. Then the bank is sent to the place, the air is again removed.
- Due to the vacuum, the contaminated blood is drawn all the way into the can. This procedure is repeated up to 7 times.
- At the end of the wound, they are lubricated to speed healing with caraway oil. Already after the first hijama, the body is filled with fresh forces.
Although hijama (the points of impact we discussed in the article) is useful for various diseases, this does not mean that it has no contraindications. Periodically, you can find information that bloodletting is allowed to do even to children and pregnant women, although this is treated differently in different countries. Absolute contraindications:
- blood disorders;
- cerebral atherosclerosis;
- tendency to thrombosis;
- low blood pressure.
We have already learned a lot about the hijam procedure - what it is, how it is done, what testimony has also contraindications, etc. Now we can discuss its cost. Muslim bloodletting is in great demand in many countries of the world. How much does hijama cost in Russia? The cost of the procedure varies, which depends on the professionalism of the specialist, the marketing policy of the institution, as well as its location. The minimum cost of the procedure is 2500 rubles.You can buy inexpensive banks in the online store and learn how to do hijams yourself, just keep in mind that without special education, your actions can be harmful to health.
Observe the recommendations after the procedure:
- It is necessary that the person after the procedure avoided physical exertion for a day in order to maintain activity and strength. In addition, it is necessary to avoid lowering or increasing the pressure that occurs during diving and airplane flights.
- Doctors say that it is good if, after a hijama, a person takes easily digestible food, such as fruits, vegetables, so that the body does not tire with heavy digestion. This also applies to the day after the hijama.
- It is necessary that after the hijama a person does not get tired, has a rest, does not become angry, and also that his pressure remains normal. Insufficient rest can be the cause of the return of the disease, because there will be no harmony of energy in his body.
- He can not smoke and drink very cold drinks during the day.
- A person should cover the place of the hijama, do not expose it under the cold air, so that it does not become infected with bacteria.
- It is necessary that a person does not eat salty food, as well as food containing a large amount of spices. You must wait at least 3 hours after the procedure.
- There are people who on the second day after the hijama feel an increase in body temperature - this is normal, it passes very quickly.
- In addition, some people experience a slight nausea or they have diarrhea if they are wearing hijam on their lower back. It is also the result of a cleansing that occurs due to the activation of the stomach, small intestines and colon.
- Some patients require continuation of Hijama courses, if the effect has not been achieved in 1 session. In addition, in painful cases also need to carry out the procedure several times.
- After recovery, you should thank Al-Halik.
After reviewing the reviews about this procedure, you can find out that it helps in the treatment of various diseases. But this happens only if the procedure is carried out by a professional in compliance with all the rules. As noted by many, the end result depends on patient compliance with the recommendations given to him by a specialist. Of course, there are skeptics who believe that he will be able to help them with various diseases exclusively with drug treatment.But It is worth noting that more and more today, doctors are turning their attention to this method of treatment, considering it to be effective.