Festive packaging: we create masterpieces with our own hands
The packaging, made by hand, can be made of cardboard, colored paper, fabric, waste material. She can also have any form: square, round, rectangular, in the shape of a heart, envelope, hexagon ... The external depends on the gift.
For flat gifts (money, gift cards and certificates, clothing) suitable packaging from paper, handmade. Its size may be quite small or large. Consider the principle of making interesting packaging.
- Cut four circles. The diameter should correspond to the long side of the gift.
- Fold each circle in half.
- Now on the table, by overlaying, collect all four circles. Folds define the boundaries of the bottom of the package. Try to put all the details together.
- If everything worked out and does not require fitting, glue the bottom of the circles.
- To make the packaging more aesthetic, cut a square of velvet paper and stick it on the bottom.
- Put a gift. Fold the edges, tie with satin ribbon.
So that the packaging made of paper, made with your own hands, was bright, expressive, buy the material not in the stationery, but in the gift decoration departments. From cardboard and paper, you can create bulk boxes. Consider this on the example of a round casket.
Round DIY Packaging
A round box can be made entirely of cardboard, cutting all the pieces separately. Waste material (roller from toilet paper, reel from scotch tape) will fit perfectly.
- By the size of the reel cut two circles (for the bottom and cover).
- On the entire cardboard base, measure one and a half centimeters from the edge and cut off the cover along this line.
- Cut off the inner strip of the box, which is eight millimeters in height more than a reel, and the same in size. In order for the New Year's packaging, created with its own hands, to please the “eye”, the interior design must also be bright and aesthetic (stop your attention on velvet or holographic paper).
- Glue all the details to the reel: inner cardboard, two bottoms. The cover should snap into place.
- Take a beautiful paper and paste over the outside of the box.To do this, first cut off the circle, which is one centimeter larger than the bottom. Cut the strips to the border of the circle. Glue it on. Only after that you wrap the sides of the box.
- Do the same with the lid. You decorate up with crepe paper flowers or apply quilling.
Such a packaging, made with cardboard and paper, is suitable for any occasion.
Tissue round box
If you cut out all the parts separately from cardboard, you can make a box of any size. At the same time, every detail from the edges should be left with teeth or strips to hide the joints. Now you glue the outer surface with paper to match the tone of the fabric decoration.
To make a festive New Year's packaging, made with your own hands, resort to kanzashi. From the squares of satin ribbon make sharp and round petals. To do this, fold the square in a triangle, the ends of which are folded to each other, forming a piece. The edges of the "solder" the flame. Cut the back of the petal diagonally and burn.
Round petals are obtained by folding the square into a triangle a little differently. The ends are folded at the top, again forming a square shape.The resulting triangles add vertices on the wrong side of the element, getting a petal. End of singing, and the wrong side cut obliquely.
So that the packaging, made with your own hands, turns out to be elegant, you glue all the petals with a hot glue in a checkerboard pattern. Decorate the sides of the box with braid with sequins, and decorate the resulting flower with a half bead.
From cardboard and thread
To get other forms, you can use the tools at hand. Draw a heart on a thick cardboard. Pencil points at the same distance. Now insert toothpicks around the perimeter. Tie a thread to one toothpick and start braiding all the sticks. By the way, so that the packaging of Christmas gifts (hand crafted) can withstand heavier objects, make a box of chipboard and carnations.
Braid toothpicks without gaps with wool or satin ribbons to the end. You decorate the bottom and top of the box with beautiful decorative rhinestones and beads. You put thick cardboard inside the casket and measure its length (it must be one centimeter greater). Further you stick an internal cardboard to box walls.
Christmas packaging, self-made, almost ready. Now make a lid in the shape of a heart (the size should fit the bottom of the box). From another cardboard cut a strip of one centimeter wide (taking into account the allowance for cloves). Pasting over the edges of the cover. Decorate the outer surface and close the box.
As you can see, the packaging can be of any shape. The easiest way is to glue the existing box with a cloth or paper, experimenting with tying bows and flowers from the ribbon. If you practice making miniature boxes, you will soon have large boxes of unusual shapes. Such a packaging of Christmas gifts, made by hand, more like friends.