3 steps on the way to shining aluminum dishes or how to clean aluminum dishes to shine?
Question,How to clean aluminum dishes at home requires careful work.Many of the cleansing methods offered on the Internet are harmful and only aggravate the situation. And how to clean properly? Read about it in our article.
Aluminum is a commonly used material for the manufacture of kitchen utensils. This is one of the most affordable and unpretentious metals. Dishes from it are light and comfortable.
However, despite its durability, the metal over time can lose its natural silver shine. As it is used, such dishes grow cloudy, covered with dark and rusty spots.
But it's not a problem. Cleaning aluminum dishes is easy. However, it is important to do it right. With the right approach, the dishes will remain in good condition for several years.Guide to competent cleaning - on.
How to remove stains correctly: the main stages
You will need:
- warm water;
- mild detergent;
- soft sponge;
- paper towels.
To remove stains from aluminum,follow the steps below.
- Preparation of warm water.Aluminum dishes better washed by hand. Avoid dishwashers, otherwise the metal will lose its luster. The minerals contained in the dishwasher detergent also contribute to wear. Fill a sink or other container with warm water and add a few drops of mild detergent to it.
- Dirt removal.Dry paper towel wipe the dishes. Then place it in warm water and hold it there for 1 hour. This will simplify cleaning.
- Additional cleansing and drying.Most of the dirt and stains will be removed in the previous step. For additional cleaning, use a soft sponge with non-aggressive cleaning agents.
If the stains were stubborn
If the stains do not want to be removed, even with all the above steps, refer to additional means.
one.We use vinegar.After the dishes are washed and dried, take a large pot and fill it with water. For each quarter of water, add 2 tablespoons of vinegar.
Place the dishes there and boil for 10 minutes. Then drain and allow to cool. After that you can wash it in the usual way and dry it. This method will also help remove rust.
2. We use kefir.First of all kefir cleans dark spots.
Instead of kefir, you can apply sour milk. It is necessary to take a suitable container, place the dishes there and fill it with kefir completely. It is better to leave for 3-4 hours. Generally, the spots disappear. All that remains then is to rinse the dishes with detergent and dry.
3. Use cucumber or tomato pickle.As in the previous example, fill the dishes with brine and leave for 2-3 hours.
Simple sour tomatoes are also suitable. Simply wipe the surface with them and leave for some time.
How to remove rust?
If rust is not removed with vinegar, you can use other foods.
1. Use lemon juice.Take half of the fruit and squeeze the juice into a glass or cup.
Add vinegar there, about the same amount, to get 1: 1 proportions. Stir well.
Spread the liquid over a rusty surface and leave for 2 hours. After this time, remove the rust with any cloth and rinse the dishes.
2. We use pills.These are Alka-Seltzer tablets, which can be easily purchased at a pharmacy. They are intended to treat the liver, but they also cope with rust quite well. Especially on aluminum.
In half a glass of water we throw 1-2 tablets and wait for complete dissolution. After we pour the dishes with this water and wait for 10-20 minutes. Over time, everything should be well washed off with water.
It is not enough to know how to clean the dishes. She also needs to return the former radiant look.
You will need:
- large water tank.
We collect water in a saucepan and add 1 tablespoon of toothpaste for every quarter. We put dishes in a container and boil for 10 minutes. After rinse the utensils with warm water and dry.
Instead of toothpaste, you can use a more exotic tool - tartar. This is the sediment that forms during the production of wine. Often used as a baking powder. Can be found in stores with household accessories.
You can clear it. The main thing here is how. Cleaning aluminum dishes at home is easy,but not all means are good.
- Avoid using hard abrasives.Such as metal sponge. They will leave scratches on the dishes. If stains are not amenable at all and you cannot do without such means, choose a quality brand and do not press on the dishes when cleaning.
- Avoid soda.And any products that contain alkali. Some sources suggest and even recommend using soda. Do not do this. This will cause discoloration of the dishes.
- Use hot water gently.Aluminum is a temperature sensitive metal. Using boiling water and even just hot water, be careful not to deform the shape of the dish.Before making any manipulations with it, it is better to let the dishes cool.
- Carefully remove burnt food.If aluminum pots and pans contain burnt food, it is safest just to fill them with hot water. Let the water stand for about one hour. Then drain and wash the products as usual.
Only a competent approach will help to keep aluminum dishes in proper form. Apply the above tips, and for years it will be just like that purchased.